From: Pete Pardoe <pete.pardoe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xorg-x11 problems
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 21:08:45
1 Hi
2
3 I tried to move to moidular X but it failed so I roled everything back but I
4 now have a problem that has me stumped. When I do an emerge -puD world
5 there are a whole slew of packages that are blocked by a non existant
6 package. I have xorg-x11 6.8.2-r8 installed not 6.9 but get the following
7 in front of all the blocked packages. How do I convince the system that it
8 doesn't have this package installed.
9
10 <=x11-base/xorg-x11-6.9 (is blocking
11
12 I have tried emerge --clean x11-base/xorg-x11-6.9 and emerge --prune
13 x11-base/xorg-x11-6.9 and they both tell me that the package is not there.
14 I have done a revdep-rebuild and an emerge --newuse --update --deep world
15 and nothing has fixed it.
16
17 Help!
20 Pete Pardoe