From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slots
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:38:11
1 On 11/26/05, Jeff Grossman <jeff@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have just realized about programs that can be installed in slots.
3 > Is there a way for me to find out what programs are installed in more
4 > than one slot on my computer? Can I tell if a particular program in a
5 > slot is still needed?
6
7 "emerge --prune --pretend world" will tell you all packages that have
8 more than one version installed (ie. slotted).
9
10 As for finding out whether a particular version of a slotted package
11 is still needed or not, well, you could do:
12
13 emerge --prune <pkg>
14 emerge -Dv world
15 revdep-rebuild
16
17 But the above is a bit dangerous, and could break your system. Be careful.
18
19 -Richard
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list