From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xpdf - missing fonts
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 22:51:14
1 On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 10:50:28AM -0700, Joseph wrote
2
3 > I think you are correct on this one. I'll try to modify your system.
4 > What is the easiest way to re-emerge all the fonts on the system or
5 > list the one that are installed?
6 >
7 > I've manually installed some of the fonts that I have on my other
8 > system and it partially solved the problem.
9
10 I've attached a bash script to list all files, including those pulled
11 in as dependancies of xorg-server. It also sets up another bash script
12 to do the actual emerge. Here's how it works...
13
14 * It creates a bash script "ef" (emerge fonts)
15
16 * First put in the "#!/bin/bash"
17
18 * Add "emerge -1 " to the file. *NOTE* The "-n" option prevents the
19 normal linefeed
20
21 * "emerge -pv --depclean" lists (amongst other things) all installed
22 packages. This includes both stuff in world, and stuff that is pulled
23 in as a dependancy
24
25 * "grep media-fonts" filters the listing down to the "media-fonts"
26 group, including various font utilities.
27
28 * "sort -u" filters out duplicate lines
29
30 * 'grep -v "pulled in by"' gets rid of the "pulled in by" lines.
31
32 * The "sed" command puts an "=" sign in front of each package name, to
33 make it a valid emerge parameter
34
35 * the "tr" command converts linefeeds to spaces. The string of
36 packagenames is appended to "emerge -1 " in the file "ef"
37
38 * last, but not least, the file "ef" is set executable. You can look at
39 it before launching it.
42 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>

listfonts text/plain