From: edes <edes@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB sound card not recognized as capture device
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 13:51:33
1 el 2020-01-19 a las 16:49 Mick escribió:
2
3 > You could compare the dmesg output of working and non-working kernels
4 > and see what differences are present, then google for bugs/solutions on
5 > that basis.
6
7 [...]
8
9 > You could also diff the two different kernel tree versions and see what
10 > drivers have changed.
11
12 Hello, thanks for your suggestions.
13
14 I'm not a programmer and I know nothing about C or kernel development, but
15 I found that, beginning with 5.4.11, several changes were introduced in
16 drivers/usb/core/config.c, that seem to be consistent with the message
17 that appears now when I connect my card:
18
19 [ 129.153850] usb 3-10.3: config 1 interface 2 altsetting 1 has a
20 duplicate endpoint with address 0x85, skipping
21 [ 129.153854] usb 3-10.3: config 1 interface 2 altsetting 2 has a
22 duplicate endpoint with address 0x85, skipping
23
24 Where can I post this problem? I've been using Linux for 20 years, but
25 this is my first problem with the kernel. I found these forums:
26
27 https://forum.linuxfoundation.org/categories/drivers
28 https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-kernel-70/
29
30 And of course the kernel mailing list, but seems to be for developers.
33 -