From: "Holger Hoffstätte" <holger.hoffstaette@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Thunderbird 45.0 unreadable fonts
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 00:33:36
1 On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 02:38:00 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > I upgraded thunderbird-bin from 38.7.0 to 45.0 and all window fonts
4 > became extremely washed-out, thin and generally unreadable. I then wiped
5 > the configuration files (mv ~/.thunderbird ~/tb_backup), but got the
6 > same issue.
7
8 It has nothing to do with the configuration of Thunderbird; the reason is
9 simply that TB 45 was ported to use GTK3.
10
11 > Anyone else with the same problem? I searched a lot, but I didn't find
12 > any reports for this, let alone a fix.
13
14 Same. I expected something like that and pkgbuilt a package of the previous
15 version, which I then downgraded to. Other GTK3 apps like xfce-powermanager
16 or pavucontrol have exactly the same fonts like the rest of my desktop (XFCE).
17
18 -h