From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] lxc and the openrc cgroup
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 05:51:21
1 I am currently having cgroup problems with openrc and lxc. The basic
2 cause is /sys/fs/cgroup/openrc mounts inside an lxc container as read
3 only. I should be able to override this "somewhere", but where is not
4 obvious :(
5
6 The main problem is these failures in the mail server running in an lxc
7 instance:
8 mkdir: cannot create directory '/sys/fs/cgroup/openrc/saslauthd':
9 Read-only file system
12 Putting this in the lxc container config file doest affect the openrc
13 cgroup, though others in the container are rw:
14 lxc.mount.auto = cgroup:rw
15
16 e.g.,
17 cgroup_root on /sys/fs/cgroup/openrc type tmpfs
18 (ro,relatime,size=10240k,mode=755)
22 lxc version:
23 [ebuild R ~] app-emulation/lxc-2.0.3-r1::olympus USE="cgmanager
24 seccomp -doc -examples -lua -python" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_4
25 -python3_3 -python3_5" 755 KiB
26
27 Note: there are a couple of hits in google on this, but the fixes
28 mentioned are not working.
29
30 BillK