From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] lxc and the openrc cgroup
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 05:51:21
I am currently having cgroup problems with openrc and lxc.  The basic
cause is /sys/fs/cgroup/openrc mounts inside an lxc container as read
only.  I should be able to override this "somewhere", but where is not
obvious :(

The main problem is these failures in the mail server running in an lxc
instance:
mkdir: cannot create directory '/sys/fs/cgroup/openrc/saslauthd':
Read-only file system

Putting this in the lxc container config file doest affect the openrc
cgroup, though others in the container are rw:
lxc.mount.auto = cgroup:rw

e.g.,
cgroup_root on /sys/fs/cgroup/openrc type tmpfs
(ro,relatime,size=10240k,mode=755)

lxc version:
[ebuild   R   ~] app-emulation/lxc-2.0.3-r1::olympus  USE="cgmanager
seccomp -doc -examples -lua -python" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_4
-python3_3 -python3_5" 755 KiB

Note: there are a couple of hits in google on this, but the fixes
mentioned are not working.

BillK