From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] SATA drive controller and Linux driver.
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2018 01:15:50
1 Howdy,
2
3 I found this SATA card.  I've found it in several places so may not buy
4 from this vendor but this one has some nice pics of the card.  Also,
5 brands seem to vary too.
6
7 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Syba-Marvell-88SE9235-Four-Port-SATA3-Controller-Card-SI-PEX40062-NEW/132845338557
8
9 I checked the kernel config options and see a Marvel driver that is
10 close but it doesn't list this particular chip.  However, some searching
11 leads me to believe it is supported.  Thing is, no one mentions what
12 driver they used for it to work, just that it did or they got it to work.
13
14 Does anyone have a card and know for sure that this works and is
15 stable?  Also, any clues on what driver it takes?
16
17 Thanks.
18
19 Dale