From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, fluxbox-users@×××××××××××××××××.net
Subject: [gentoo-user] dual monitors and dual desktops
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 12:44:07
1 Hi,
2 I have a laptop and an external monitor.
3 I would like to have both monitors showing different desktops.
4 My aim is to have IRC and Email client on one side, and my shell and
5 programming stuff on the other side.
6 Currently I managed to do a big virtual workspace with XRANDR, but it
7 stretches the browser and it is hard to setup correctly.
8 I'm a Fluxbox user, and didn't find a way to define that starching the
9 window, will not stretch outside of the monitor I'm on.
10 This is why I would like each monitor have it's own desktop.
11
12 Thanks,
13 Kfir
14
15 virtual dual monitors:
16 xrandr --output LVDS1 --primary --mode 1280x800 --pos 0x0 --auto --output
17 VGA1 --mode 1920x1080 --pos 448x0 --primary