From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Was Vim compiled with +eval feature?
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 04:19:12
1 I have downloaded the snippet plugin from
2 http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=361
3 and have done all the steps described there to
4 install it but, unfortunately, it does not work.
5
6 My first thought was that a plugin should be somehow
7 loaded into Vim but Vim documentation says that
8
9 "Vim's functionality can be extended by adding plugins.
10 A plugin is nothing more than a Vim script file that
11 is loaded automatically when Vim starts. You can add
12 a plugin very easily by dropping it in your plugin
13 directory. {not available when Vim was compiled
14 without the +eval feature}"
15
16 So, it seems that no load command is needed.
17
18 I am going to post the question about it in vim mailing list
19 but I guess that the first question to me will be: "Was your
20 vim compiled with the +eval feature?"
21
22 I guess that the answer is "yes" but do not know it for sure.
23
24 To find out this I have tried
25 $ equery uses vim
26 but it gives no exact answer to the question above
27 (though it seems that the answer is "yes", I guess
28 it from the fact that the minimal use flag is disabled).
29
30 Here is the output from this command:
31
32 * Found these USE flags for app-editors/vim-7.4.273:
33 U I
34 + + X : Link console vim against X11 libraries to
35 enable title and clipboard features in xterm
36 + + acl : Add support for Access Control Lists
37 - - cscope : Enable cscope interface -- in vim for example
38 - - debug : Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts
39 and extra output. If you want to get meaningful
40 backtraces see
41 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
42 + + gpm : Add support for sys-libs/gpm (Console-based mouse driver)
43 - - lua : Enable Lua scripting support
44 - - luajit : Use dev-lang/luajit instead of dev-lang/lua
45 - - minimal : Install a very minimal build (disables, for example,
46 plugins, fonts, most drivers, non-critical features)
47 + + nls : Add Native Language Support (using gettext - GNU locale utilities)
48 - - perl : Add optional support/bindings for the Perl language
49 - - python : Add optional support/bindings for the Python language
50 + + python_single_target_python2_7 : Build for Python 2.7 only
51 - - python_single_target_python3_3 : Build for Python 3.3 only
52 + + python_targets_python2_7 : Build with Python 2.7
53 + + python_targets_python3_3 : Build with Python 3.3
54 - - racket : Enable support for Scheme using dev-lang/racket
55 - - ruby : Add support/bindings for the Ruby language
56 - - tcl : Add support the Tcl language
57 - - vim-pager : Install vimpager and vimmanpager links
58
59 More generally, I would also ask if there is something
60 specific in Gentoo Vim setup that could prevent a Vim
61 plugin from executing?
62
63 P.S. I have also tried to load all the plugins by
64 :runtime! plugin/**/*.vim
65 command as described in Vim documentation but it says:
66 Error detected while processing ~/.vim/plugin/snippet.vim:
67 line 28:
68 E15: Invalid expression: exists("loaded_snippets")
69 line 231:
70 E171: missing :endif