From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The LIGHTEST web server (just for serving files) ?
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 09:02:09
1 On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 15:46, Nilesh Govindarajan <contact@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sat 12 Nov 2011 01:54:10 PM IST, Pandu Poluan wrote:
3 >> What is the *LIGHTEST* web server package you know for gentoo?
4 >>
5 >> I just want to serve the distfiles, so no CGI / PHP /
6 >> whathaveyouscripting support is needed.
7 >>
8 >> Preferably, with logging so I can see which packages I missed, but not
9 >> necessary.
10 >>
11 >> Rgds,
12 >
13 > nginx.
14 > You can disable fastcgi/etc using use flags.
17 What about www-servers/fnord ?
18
19 Its website[1] claims that its binaries are less than 20 kB[2]
20
21 [1] http://www.fefe.de/fnord/
22 [2] http://www.fefe.de/fnord/others.html
23