From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Small and dirty 32 bit environment just to flash my Bus Pirate
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 20:06:19
1 On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 8:28 PM, <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
4 > #
5 > # Executable file formats / Emulations
6 > #
7 > CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF=y
8 > CONFIG_COMPAT_BINFMT_ELF=y
9 > CONFIG_ELFCORE=y
10 > CONFIG_CORE_DUMP_DEFAULT_ELF_HEADERS=y
11 > CONFIG_BINFMT_SCRIPT=y
12 > # CONFIG_HAVE_AOUT is not set
13 > CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y
14 > CONFIG_COREDUMP=y
15 > CONFIG_IA32_EMULATION=y
16 > CONFIG_IA32_AOUT=y
17 > CONFIG_X86_X32=y
18 > CONFIG_COMPAT_32=y
19 > CONFIG_COMPAT=y
20 > CONFIG_COMPAT_FOR_U64_ALIGNMENT=y
21 > CONFIG_SYSVIPC_COMPAT=y
22 > CONFIG_KEYS_COMPAT=y
23 > CONFIG_X86_DEV_DMA_OPS=y
24 > CONFIG_NET=y
25 > CONFIG_COMPAT_NETLINK_MESSAGES=y
26 > CONFIG_NET_INGRESS=y
29 Looks good. I know for a fact that we can run a static 32 bit binary
30 in a 64 bit gentoo, even without x32 support. I tried with a program I
31 had compiled in a pure 32 bit system, but my program doesn't have any
32 library as run-time dependency. Your pirate-loader_lnx seems to have
33 strange requirements.
34
35 I would install a 32 bit linux (e.g. Alpine). But you cannot be sure
36 it provides whatever pirate-loader_lnx wants...
37
38 Maybe you could post the output of "strace ./pirate_loader_lnx"? Maybe
39 the authors assumed a path for something that Gentoo puts somewhere
40 else? If so, a small forest of symlinks might do the job, lacking a
41 better solution...
42
43 (such assumptions are one of the marks of crappy sw, as in "everybody
44 uses Windows, so...". Unfortunately, free sw may have the same faults,
45 for example with s/Windows/Ubuntu/g)
48 Cheers
49
50 Jorge