From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] i965 (Valley View) video acceleration
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:42:45
1 >>> No luck. Weird. It's working in xbmc so I can't be far off. What
2 >>> could I be missing?
3 >>>
4 >>
5 >> Sorry I've been crazy busy. I hope tomorrow I'll have some time to power
6 >> up the NUC and check some settings.
7 >>
8 >> I'll get the USE flags and my /etc/portage/package.use if I have one,
9 >> the profile I'm using and perhaps some versions of software I have
10 >> installed.
13 > It turns out xbmc and vlc support both vdpau and vaapi. mplayer
14 > supports vdpau and also vaapi via libvdpau-va-gl (x11 overlay). I
15 > haven't installed mplayer2 but it sounds like it supports vaapi. Are
16 > all the smart people switching from mplayer to mplayer2? For me: xbmc
17 > accelerates, vlc does not, mplayer claims it's accelerating via vdpau
18 > in the console output but all I get is a black window. Have you tried
19 > vlc?
22 Just got mplayer accelerating. I needed to upgrade from
23 libvdpau-va-gl-0.3.4 to libvdpau-va-gl-9999. vlc is still a mystery.
24
25 - Grant