From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remote desktop to WinXP from Gentoo
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 07:12:52
1 On Monday 02 October 2006 00:23, gentuxx wrote:
2 > gentuxx wrote:
3
4 > I forgot to state the obvious, in that, the ability to RDP needs to be
5 > enabled on the target WinXP box. So, in System Properties, go to the
6 > Remote tab, make sure "Allow users to connect to this computer", select
7 > the appropriate users, and click OK.
8
9 Thank you all for your advice! I don't think I checked if the server service
10 is running on the WinXP box - I remember shutting it down some years ago in
11 an effort to increase the security of this OS. Will look at it again when I
12 get home tonight.
13
14 Talking about security, is the vnc method the only way to secure this
15 communication (for both machines)? Could there be perhaps ssh tunneling
16 established between the two boxen before the rdp protocol kicks in?
17 --
18 Regards,
19 Mick