From: Mal Herring <mal@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Load Balancing / Redundant Network ?
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:12:42
1 > In a bonding situation don't both NIC's need to be plugged
2 > into the same switch or have things changed in the technology
3 > recently? I think the failure that the original author is
4 > trying to plan for is a switch failure not a NIC failure.
5
6 Thanks for all the replies, I was pointed in the direction of the
7 bonding how-to and this works perfectly on the box, I am now hoping that
8 I can use two switches for resilience and then will be using two
9 firewalls as well, so I am trying to plan for all possible failures...
10
11 Can the eth ports when using the bonding driver get plugged into
12 different switches ?
13
14 Thanks in advance.
15