From: John Myers <electronerd@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I can't send email anymore. O_O
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:18:04
1 On Thursday 12 January 2006 13:54, Dale Kirkley wrote:
2 > " An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.7.1
3 > <whatever email address I am trying to send to> Relaying denied. Please
4 > verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try
5 > again."
6 Sounds like you need to check your SMTP Authentication settings. Go to
7 Edit -> Mail and Newsgroups Account Settings -> Outgoing Server (SMTP)
8 and verify that the settings are correct, especially the user name setting.
9 --
10 #
11 # electronerd, the electronerdian from electronerdia
12 #