From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE version
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:57:16
1 On 29 March 2006 18:12, Schleimer, Ben wrote:
2 > > Isn't the solution to have 3 levels: 'testing',
3 > > 'probation' & 'stable' ?
4 > > 'Testing' would be literally that, asking for
5 > > feedback from users;
6 > > 'probation' wb already tested for a defined period
7 > > -- say 30 days --
8 >
9 > How about a crazier idea:
10 >
11 > Each package has a stability rating from 0-99 per
12 > architecture.
13 > 0 means totally untested/unstable and 99 means rock
14 > solid/no bugs. (0-33~unstable, 34-66~testing,
15 > 67-99~stable)
16 > Each new package starts at 50. Whenever a user uses
17 > the package, he can then vote on it by giving +1 or -1
18 > (on the website or through portage).
19
20 Indeed, a crazy idea. Technical issues like stability, which technology to
21 use, how to implement a certain functionality, whether a bug is fixed,... can
22 not be subject to voting. Period. Someone actually has to look into the
23 matter and decide on technical merits.
24
25 Otherwise we should start a similar voting system on weather. 0 means abosulte
26 crap weather, 99 means weather to sire heroes. 0-33: cold, windy, rainy.
27 34-66: so lala. 65-99: good weather. Each day start with 50 points at 00:00
28 sharp. Then the voting kicks in and we can all witness how the sun brightens
29 over time. Except if you live in Namibia with all those farmers voting for
30 rain. ;-)
31
32 Uwe
36 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list