From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: HTML5 player (YouTube) is a pain!...Alternatives?
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 03:55:19
1 Am Tue, 29 Nov 2016 07:42:16 +0100
2 schrieb Meino.Cramer@×××.de:
3
4 > I get sick of this [CESNORED] HTML5 stuff coming from YouTube!
5 > Most of the videos while playayaingnaying arereare stututterutering
6 > liiklike helellell.
7 >
8 > I tested a lot of HTML5 addons to fix that problem and googled
9 > around the world but nothing helps. The only thing I found is an
10 > iconic sentence, which is true in this case also:
11 > "You are not alone...!".
12 >
13 > Is there any way to feed the stream from youtube direktly into
14 > a not blown player like mpv/mplayer or such (I would prefer
15 > not to load a complete gui (vlc) with any click again and again.)?
16
17 For me it was just the other way around. HTML5 mode played much (very
18 much!) more smooth than flash player. I opted in early by that time for
19 switching YT to HTML5 player. This was for Chrome, of course, because
20 by that time Firefox wasn't really compatible.
21
22 You probably really should check your graphics stack. If you have an at
23 least somewhat decent machine (something which was built during the
24 last 5 years), you should have absolutely no problems playing videos in
25 the HTML5 player. Even my aging machine in the office (which didn't
26 play smooth videos in the flash player) runs full HD streaming videos
27 smoothly in the HTML5 player - no stuttering, no blocking, no
28 framedrops. This was different with the flash player which looked like
29 it dropped every second frame in fullscreen mode - but at least it did
30 not stutter due to that "optimization".
31
32 Maybe give some information about your graphics stack and
33 configuration...
36 Regards,
37 Kai
38