From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] danger-deep
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 00:52:53
1 On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 17:45 +0000, James wrote:
2 > Folks,
3 >
4 > I just had to share this.....
5 >
6 > So I read the Linux journal, mostly to do my
7 > part to keep publications about Linux alive.
8 > Occationally they write about something cool,
9 > though rarely related to Gentoo....
10
11 FTA:
12 The Web site provides a lovely binary installer that feels much
13 like that of a commercial game. You can compile the game from
14 source if you want, but would you really do that when you can
15 simply click Next, Next, Next?
16 *sigh*
17
18 > So I read about a very cool submarine game today
19 > on LJ:
20 > http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/danger-deep
21 >
22 > Only to discover it's already in portage.
23 > KUDOS to the Gentoo game devs for being
24 > on top of this one........
25
26 Doesn't run here. Something to do with getting the available
27 resolutions:
28
29 SDL_Rect** modes = SDL_ListModes(NULL, SDL_FULLSCREEN|SDL_HWSURFACE);
30
31 must be returning nothing, because later when it tests the resolution it
32 wants to use against the resolutions available:
33
34 for (list<vector2i>::const_iterator it = available_resolutions.begin(); it != available_resolutions.end(); ++it) {
35 if (*it == vector2i(res_x_, res_y_)) {
36 ok = true;
37 break;
38 }
39 }
40 if (!ok)
41 throw invalid_argument("invalid resolution requested!");
42
43 I get the exception. No matter what res I specify on the command
44 line :(
45
46 $ dangerdeep
47 Caught exception: invalid resolution requested!
48
49 Anyone know about SDL?
50
51 thanks,
55 If you stand on your head, you will get footprints in your hair.