From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 07:43:42
1 Sebastian Günther wrote:
2 > * Dale (rdalek1967@×××××.com) [06.02.09 23:56]:
3 >
4 >> This was one thing I liked about Mandrake, now Mandriva. Put in the CD,
5 >> boot up, set up drives, select ALL the software you can stand, let it
6 >> install and then reboot. What really made it good, when you reboot, ALL
7 >> your software is already installed. Dang that was cool. It doesn't run
8 >> as fast as Gentoo but if you want a Linux install in a hurry, that is
9 >> one way to get it. Then you can use Mandrake to do your Gentoo
10 >> install. chroot works wonderfully. Run into a problem, just go to a
11 >> browser and search the forums etc to get help.
14 > *Install* Mandrake, to install Gentoo?
15 >
16 > Where were you when Klaus invented Koppix...
19 At the time I had never heard of Knoppix and I am not even sure if it
20 was around then. Also, I already had Mandrake installed. That was my
21 first Linux.
25 >> All this beats winders hands down.
28 > This surely not...
31 Yep, when I saw winders 3.1 and what a mess it was, I quit my puter job
32 and went to work for a magazine company. Got out of the puter mess. I
33 have never bought anything M$ either. I have never had anything winders
34 on my computer either.
37 >> Dale
41 > Sebastian
45 Dale