From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] question about "turbocache" shared memory, or whatever, with xorg
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 05:26:14
1 I have memory issues, and would like to keep my nvidia card out of my system
2 ram. Both system ram and video ram are limited. Video ram is 128 on an
3 nvidia based 6200 LE card.
4
5 I remember some parameters in the config file for X11 XFree86, stating the
6 system memory explicitly. I have found no help on this, with some people
7 seeming to actually want this "feature." Nvidia says there is no way to
8 turn it off.
9
10 Does anyone know a way to disable this feature with Xorg, or limit the
11 amount of system RAM, or in any way even query the amount of system RAM
12 being used?
13
14 Probably off topic for this list, but don't know where to take it.
15
16 Alan
19 Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan lngndvs@×××××.com
20
21 "An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need for one
22 non-existent."
23 ---Lord Raleigh (aka John William Strutt), or else his son,