From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] self-referential blocks...
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:10:09
1 On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 12:12:51 -0500, Michael George wrote:
2
3 > "emerge -tuvp world" shows that kdegames is the culprit, but it is
4 > installed now and doesn't have kde-base.
5 >
6 > Should I remove kdegames and put in kdegames-meta instead?
7
8 Yes.
9
10 > What is the difference between kde, kdebase, and kdebase-meta? All
11 > three have version 3.5.0, so it's apparent that none supercede the
12 > others...
13
14 kde is the meta package that pulls in all the monolithic builds. kdebase
15 is the core kde monolithic ebuild, along with kdelibs. kdebase-meta is
16 the meta-package that pulls in all the split ebuilds that come from
17 kdebase.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 SEX ON TV HAS TO GO! <<<<<<<<>>>>>>>> I keep falling off!