From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with usb audio and midi
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:01:41
1 On Thursday 24 Apr 2014 03:47:35 luis jure wrote:
2 > i have an internal pci card (m-audio 2496) that works fine on my gentoo
3 > machine, but i'm having problems with usb audio cards and midi devices.
4 [snip ...]
5
6 > difference i see is that gentoo uses uhci_hcd, while xubuntu uses
7 > ohci-pci, not that i know what that means...
8
9 It means USB-1.1 as defined by AMD (I think).
10
11 lspci | grep OHCI should show if you need it.
14 > i would appreciate any help.
15 > here is the result of zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -i usb
16 [snip ...]
17
18 > CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=y
19 > CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD_PCI=y
20 > # CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD_PLATFORM is not set
21
22 Try enabling the last module above and see what you get.
25 Regards,
26 Mick