From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 20:57:02
1 On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 12:00:51 -0400, Michel Catudal wrote:
2
3 > > I'm installing openSUSE 13.2 into a VM right now and the *default*
4 > > location for installing GRUB2 is a partition! So what's all the fuss
5 > > about?
6
7 > Not all distributions are Microsoft type. Fedora comes to mind.
8
9 WTF are you on about? You complain that GRUB2 can't install to a
10 partition, and call such restrictions Microsoft-like. I point out that
11 openSUSE does indeed install GRUB2 to a partition, just ike you want, and
12 now you call them Microsoft-like?
13
14 So in your view, installing to the MBR is dictatorial like Microsoft
15 while installing to a partition like you say you want is also Microsoft
16 like? I think you should take Alan's advice.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Snacktrek, n.:
23 The peculiar habit, when searching for a snack, of constantly
24 returning to the refrigerator in hopes that something new will have
25 materialized.