From: Robin Atwood <robin@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something started muting the sound
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 16:31:03
1 On Monday 14 August 2017, Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 14 Aug 2017 19:31:48 Robin Atwood wrote:
3 > > That's very interesting and would explain a lot except that I don't have
4 > > a dock! So does anybody have an idea as to why the TP has decided it's
5 > > been docked when it hasn't? There are not currently any other output
6 > > devices to select (AFAICT).
7 >
8 > It could be a hardware problem. Check the docking port has not been
9 > unlocked accidentally for some reason, no debris is shorting its
10 > connectors and that the BIOS menu does not report it being docked. I
11 > think the audio output device symptom is controlled by ACPI, but before
12 > blaming bugs in ACPI I'd start by looking at the hardware in the first
13 > instance.
14
15 The docking slot is clear, there is nothing in the BIOS about docking and
16 acpitool doesn't report anything about the docking state. The Dock option is
17 on in the ACPI section of the kernel config.
18
19 Robin
23 Robin Atwood.
24
25 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
26 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
27 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling
39 This message has been scanned for viruses and
40 dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
41 believed to be clean.