From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: problems with slack and zoom: Was: [gentoo-user] ALSA wizard...
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 15:26:56
1 On 2020.04.26 19:42, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 12:03 AM Jack
3 > <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
4 > > On 2020.04.26 18:22, Jorge Almeida wrote:
5 >
6 >> The slack ebuild might go stable, but the zoom one seems to change
7 >> too often to last 30 days before an update, so stable seems
8 >> unlikely. At least I don't think either of them pulls in many (or
9 >> even any) other unstable packages.
10 > >
11 > Well, it pulls unstable qt stuff, which is really the problem. Last
12 > time I tried, emerge choked on one of those, just before trying to
13 > compile zoom itself.
14
15 I just checked "emerge -pe zoom" and the only unstable qt listed is
16 qtdiag, which has no stable versions in the tree. In fact, of the 483
17 packages listed, only five are unstable. If it pulls in lots of
18 unstable qt for you, I'd try to figure out why - but obviously only if
19 you still need/want to try zoom.