From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Help with nvidia fake raid.
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:13:39
1 Hi list,
2
3 I have been trying for 5 days now to install a gentoo system on a
4 nvidia mother board with fake raid, I already have a windows system on
5 the machine that needs the raid and I want to install gentoo on it.
6
7 I have followed instructions on
8 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_Gentoo_with_NVRAID_using_dmraid
9 I was succeeded on installing gentoo base system and grub :-), but,
10 when I boot the systems ask for real_root /dev/mapper/nv_xxxx device
11
12 I had try the hard way, open a shell when it ask for real_root and on
13 /dev/mapper is just control.
14
15 I had try with genkernel and on the same situation on /dev/mapper/ has
16 control and my disk, but none of the partitions.
17
18 I am so close of making this work, but is really frustrating get stuck
19 in something like that for so long.
20
21 Thanks for attention, Allan
24 An application asked:
25 "Requires Windows 9x, NT4 or better",
26 so I´ve installed Linux
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list