From: Holger Hoffstaette <holger@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] New samba-3.0.25c broken?
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:32:13
1 Hi. I just tried to update to the new "stable" samba 3.025c and noticed two
2 problems:
3
4 - the init script does not work (known bug #191647)
5
6 - after fixing the init script, the Windows box (XP SP2) can no longer
7 connect to shared directories despite the new server being visible and
8 browseable. Strangely enough, connecting to the server via smbclient (on
9 the server itself) works fine. Restarting the Windows box does not help
10 and should not be necessary either.
11
12 After reverting back to 3.0.24-r3 the directories immediately become
13 accessible again to the Windows box. Does anybody else see this problem?
14 log.smbd just says that the connection in question was closed so I suspect
15 segfaults but have not yet investigated further.
16
17 Holger
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list