From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 57.0.4 without pulseaudio? Possible?
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 18:01:42
1 On 2018.01.14 01:51, victor romanchuk wrote:
2 > On 01/14/2018 07:17 AM, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 >> Is it posible to use Firefox wihout pulseaudio installed? If "yes"
4 >> -- how can I acchieche this?
5 >
6 > Yes it is possible; to achieve that you just have to use
7 > www-client/firefox, e.g compile it from source
8 >
9 > Due to dependencies (now ff is boud with dev-lang/rust which
10 > subsequently requires llvm and clang) compilation time is comparable
11 > to chromium
12
13 Chromium frequently takes over 24 hours to compile on my system,
14 although the last two emerges were about 11 hours each. My last
15 firefox emerge was just under two hours, with the last ten or so all
16 taking under three and a half hours.
17
18 Jack