From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 22:43:18
1 On 6 August 2013, at 14:04, Kerin Millar wrote:
2 > ...
3 > If undefined, the value of LC_COLLATE is inherited from LANG. I'm not sure that overriding it is particularly useful nowadays but it doesn't hurt.
4
5 It's been a couple of years since I looked into this, but I'm given to believe that LANG should set all LC_ variables correctly, and that overriding them is frowned upon.
6
7 I had to do this myself because, due to a bug, the en_GB time formatting failed to display am or pm. I believe this should be fixed now.
8
9 Stroller.