From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Massive kmail breakage with mariadb-10.4.6
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 11:34:07
1 On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 10:07:46 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Yesterday's routine update took mariadb from 10.3.16 to 10.4.6. When I
4 > came to look at my emails today, kmail couldn't do anything. To start
5 > with, it was stuck in an endless, looping attempt to display the
6 > current email. Then it couldn't archive the inbox, then it couldn't
7 > import from an archive. I couldn't even move an email from one folder
8 > to another. Akonadictl fsck and vacuum seemed to run but didn't improve
9 > anything. Even reverting to an old copy of my home directory didn't
10 > help.
11
12 Did you restart msyqld and run mysql_upgrade?
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what? Hey, where are you going?