From: Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@×××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FIXED: Insanely long delay in loading xorg+gnome
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:11:28
1 Graham Murray skrev:
2 > Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@×××××××.dk> writes:
3 >
4 >> The second stage (the insanely long unexplainable delay) takes the
5 >> mentioned ~12 minutes. There is no harddisk activity at all. The only
6 >> thing I have is a black screen and the black'n'white standard X-cursor
7 >> (though it does react instantaneously on mouse movements :p ).
8 >
9 > That sounds like the sort of delay you might get if it is waiting for a
10 > TCP connection attempt which gets no response (eg DROP rule in iptables).
11
12 Aaahh... yes. Found it. Loopback problem. net.lo wasn't running (don't
13 ask me why).
14
15 Thx for pointing me in direction of networking :)
16
17 -kristian
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list