From: Jules Colding <colding@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] How should I kill a daemon from an ebuild file?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:00:44
1 Hi,
2
3 I have an ebuild (see below) for a small keyring daemon. I would like to
4 kill the daemon process, if it is running, whenever it is emerged again
5 to ensure that no running daemon process refers to an old install.
6
7 Is there a clean and recommended way of doing this in an ebuild or
8 should I just use killall in pkg_postinst()?
9
10 Thanks,
11 jules
15 #
16 # Ebuild file for the Brutus Keyring.
17 # Copyright (C) 2007 OMC Denmark ApS
18 #
19 # This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
20 # it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
21 # the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
22 # (at your option) any later version.
23 #
24 # This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
25 # but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
26 # MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
27 # GNU General Public License for more details.
28 #
29 # You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
30 # along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
31 # Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston,
32 # MA 02111-1307 USA
33 #
34 # Please see http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Installing_3rd_Party_Ebuilds
35 # on how to use this ebuild file.
36 #
37 # $Header: $
38
39 inherit eutils
40
41 DESCRIPTION="Brutus Keyring daemon"
42 HOMEPAGE="http://www.omesc.com/"
43 SRC_URI="http://www.omesc.com/sites/default/files/downloads/dist/brutus-keyring/Gentoo/brutus-keyring-0.9.3.tar.gz"
44
45 LICENSE="GPL-2"
46 SLOT="0"
47 KEYWORDS="~x86 ~amd64"
48
49 IUSE="debug"
50 RESTRICT="nomirror"
51
52 DEPEND=">=gnome-base/orbit-2.14.1
53 >=dev-libs/libIDL-0.8.5
54 >=dev-util/pkgconfig-0.20
55 >=dev-libs/libgcrypt-1.2.2
56 gnome-base/gnome-common"
57
58 DOCS="COPYING README INSTALL docs/brutus-keyring-guide docs/brutus-keyring-devel-guide"
59
60 src_compile() {
61 BRUTUS_ECONF="--enable-brutus-dist=yes \
62 --enable-brutus-devel=yes \
63 --enable-brutus-target=gentoo \
64 $(use_enable debug brutus-debug yes)"
65
66 econf ${BRUTUS_ECONF} || die "econf failed"
67 emake || die "emake failed"
68 }
69
70 src_install() {
71 emake DESTDIR="${D}" install || die "emake install failed"
72 dodoc ${DOCS}
73 }
76 pkg_postinst() {
77 elog "brutus-keyring has been installed"
78 }
82 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list