From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: /usr/share/doc/openrc/net.example not found
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 08:08:37
1 On 2012-12-15, Chris Stankevitz wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > The file
6 >
7 > /etc/conf.d/net
8 >
9 > reports that I can seen an example format at this location:
10 >
11 > /usr/share/doc/openrc/net.example
12
13 As dale found, it's under a compression suffix. In fact, most (all?) of
14 the stuff that goes under /usr/share/doc is compressed by default under
15 gentoo. This used to be gzip -5, and was then changed to bzip -9, and
16 you can change it to anything else, including no compression at all.
17
18 > On my machine that example file does not exist. Did I do something
19 > wrong or is this just a documentation oversight?
20 >
21 > Thank you,
22 >
23 > Chris
24 >
25 > PS: I'm trying to find a way to prevent dhcpd from updating my ntp.conf
26
27 dhcpd? Don't you mean dchpcd (the c stands for *client*, dhcpd would be
28 the DHCP daemon granting leases to clients)?
29
30 If so, and if you don't mind using the same settings for all network
31 interfaces, have a look at /etc/dhcpcd.conf, which has an option "option
32 ntp_servers". I'd guess that disabling this would do what you want.
35 Nuno Silva (aka njsg)
36 http://njsg.sdf-eu.org/