From: "Vincent A. Primavera" <vincent.primavera@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] USE flags...
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:29:16
1 Hello,
2 Just looking for some opinions here. What is a good approach to
3 installing applications with a minimal amount of optional USE flags enabled?
4 For example, if one were to run `emerge -pv kde-base/kde` you would be
5 presented with many, many dependencies and USE flags. I would prefer to
6 install less upfront and add on later as needed. Doing an `emerge -pv
7 $packagename` then looking through the dependencies and their USE flags each
8 time, to me, doesn't seem like the best method. I took a look at the list
9 of USE flags at http://www.gentoo-portage.com/USE and disabling dozens of
10 them in /etc/make.conf doesn't seem like a great method either. I'm trying
11 to avoid a big, bloated system without going too crazy here. Any
12 suggestions?
13 --
14 Thank you,
15