From: Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alsa SPDIF+analog at same time
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:11:57
1 Am Dienstag 10 November 2009 00:34:44 schrieb Iain Buchanan:
2 > On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 17:50 +0100, Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
3 > > Hi there!
4 > >
5 > > I'd like to have an audio signal on both the SPDIF and the analog output.
6 > > I know that this is possible, since I had such configuration some weeks
7 > > ago, but due to some circumstance I really can't reproduce it suddenly
8 > > doesn't work anymore.
9 >
10 > possibly alsa / gnome updates?
13 Definitely not, its a dedicated mythtv box and I didn't change software
14 configuration for a long time. The box does not have any gnome or kde or the
15 like installed.
16
17 > > SPDIF itself works fine when playing AC3 or DTS streams in Mythtv, but
18 > > there's only an analog signal when I play videos that only have MP2/MP3
19 > > streams or if I play music (mp3,ogg, etc) - there is no signal on SPDIF
20 > > in this case.
21 > >
22 > > So, how do I get back the non-AC3/DTS-Audiostreams on SPDIF?
23 >
24 > with mplayer I used to use this command to get spdif output:
25 > mplayer -afm hwac3 blah.avi
26 >
27 > also, with the old (2.24?) gnome alsa mixer, I found I had to add the
28 > spdif or IEC device (can't quite remember), and although it was a
29 > slider, it only worked in an on or off fashion.
30 >
31 I played around with some IEC settings, no effect.
32
33 Greetings,
34 Alex