From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Facilities for creating Gentoo Linux based virtual appliances
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 04:26:49
1 On Sat, 2010-07-31 at 22:14 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > Do you know of any active end-user mailing lists or forums for
4 > QEMU-KVM? I've found a few forums that seem to have a post every other
5 > month. There's a developers' mailing list, but I don't see one for end
6 > users. I got into QEMU-KVM "appliances" by accident...
7
8 I use kvm but I'm not on/aware of any mailing lists. I'm subscribed to
9 the libvirt mailing list today, but only temporarily as I'm trying to
10 get help with an issue.
11
12 I did a Google search for "kvm mailing list" and came up with
13 http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Lists,_IRC. The first list seems to be
14 pretty active from what I saw from the Gmane archives.
15
16 Not to single you out, but since my original post there have been two
17 replies and both of them seem to be questions that are solved by simple
18 Google searches. Is Google not working for you? The first questions
19 was basically "is there a tutorial on how to write makefiles?".
20
21 [other stuff completely unrelated to creating Gentoo virtual appliances
22 removed]
23
24 Well, if anyone actually wants to talk about virtual appliances or has
25 some cool ideas or knows how I can improve on the stuff I'm done then
26 let me know.
27
28 -a