From: Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Need MythTV setup help (resend)
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 01:44:51
1 On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 16:57:32 -0600
2 Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > > The reason it was giving me the error was because mythbackend was
7 > > shutting down. I ran mythbackend in a screen, detached the screen and
8 > > ran mythfrontend. I did this twice. Both times once mythfrontend
9 > > loaded I selected the Watch Live TV option and it showed me about a
10 > > second and a half of live TV and then froze. Both times I had to Cntrl
11 > > +Alt+Backspace to get out of it. I have a 1.33GHz P4 processor, so that
12 > > shouldn't be the problem. Amazingly mythbackend is still running in the
13 > > screen. Here's the output so far:
16 It seems that something is not stable with the X server or with the card drivers. For now,
17 perhaps forget MythTV and just see if you can get a stable input running with something like
18 tvtime -
19
20 [ N] media-tv/tvtime (0.9.12): High quality television application for use with video capture cards.
21
22 Perhaps some tweaking to /etc/X11/xorg.conf is needed or different params to the video card
23 driver to change some options. If the system won't play live tv, without issue, messing with MythTV
24 won't fix it.
25
26 There are some suggestions here -
27