From: Luigi Pinna <mailing-gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wireless on boot
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 13:03:46
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Alle 19:54, giovedì 2 novembre 2006, Mick ha scritto:
5
6 > If I understand you correctly, you won't find the entry you're
7 > looking for. You need to create a link with the name of your usb card
8 > interface. ifconfig -a will show you what the new network card is
9 > recognised as and then you have to link it to /etc/init.d/net.lo.
10 > For example, if ifconfig shows you a new interface called wlan0 then
11 > you need to run something like this:
12 >
13 > # cd /etc/init.d
14 > # ln -s net.lo net.wlan0
15 >
16 > Then, set something like RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="no" in your
17 > /etc/conf.d/rc and all the right things should happen when you boot
18 > up.
19
20 Ok, I did it: it works!
21 But I continue to have some problems...
22 First, on boot time net.eth0 gives up and I must wait until timeout
23 before that boot could continue.
24 Second net.wlan0 fails with a strange message, it says that no wlan0 are
25 present on system to check hardware and driver.
26 The strange thing is that after boot I had already network and that
27 message:
28 WARNING: net.wlan0 has started but is inactive
29 WARNING: ntp-client is scheduled to start when net.wlan0 has started.
30 WARNING: festival is scheduled to start when net.wlan0 has started.
31 WARNING: sshd is scheduled to start when net.wlan0 has started.
32 WARNING: netmount is scheduled to start when net.wlan0 has started.
33 WARNING: samba is scheduled to start when net.wlan0 has started.
34
35 How can I solve it? Boot is too slow...
36
37 > > A second question: some times the connection gets down but dhcpcd
38 > > doesn't see it and the only solution is to kill wpa_supplicant and
39 > > dhcpcd and restart them.
40 > > How can I prevent this problem, or connect automatic again?
41 >
42 > Sorry, not adequately clued up on this, to offer any reliable advice.
43 > I know that the wpa_supplicant requires the iface to stay up,
44 > something which may not happen if dhcpcd goes down and takes the
45 > iface with it. You may want to try adding an option like
46 > dhcpcd_wlan0="-o" in your /etc/conf.d/net to see if it makes any
47 > difference. Someone more knowledgeable in network matters ought to
48 > advise here.
49 > HTH.
50
51 I found the problem! I used wpa_supplicant with this command line:
52 wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
53 - -B says to work as daemon, but it can't change keys and after my key
54 expiration the system disconnect me.
55 Now it works fine.
56 Thanks,
57 Luigi
58 - --
59 Public key GPG(0x633F86B7) on hkp://keyserver.linux.it/
67 --
68 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list