From: Luigi Pinna <mailing-gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: List Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE eating ram
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:37:58
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Hi!
5 I had a very noise problem since a month (when I changed graphic card
6 from ati to nvidia), but never found the cause...
7 If I stay logged enough time, the X process uses all my ram and swap
8 until killing all x-dependency process and locking keyboard (a reboot
9 via graphical interface is not possible too).
10 Now, I used only KDE (3.5.2-3.5.5) until yesterday, and today I tried
11 blackbox (to find what is the cause). After 24 h I saw to "eating
12 effect".
13 I think could be some problem with use flags in combination nvidia-kde.
14 Could be?
15 My /etc/make.conf:
16
17 CFLAGS="-O3 -march=athlon64 -pipe -ftracer"
18 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
19 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
20 MAKEOPTS="-j2"
21 GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/gentoo/
22 ftp://ftp.wh2.tu-dresden.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo
23 ftp://mirrors.sec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/gentoo/
24 http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/gentoo/"
25 USE = "3dnow 3dnowex X a52 aac aalib acpi addbookmarks aim alias alsa
26 arts audiofile autoreplace avi bash-completi
27 n -berkdb bmp browserplugin bzip2 bzlib cairo cdparanoia cdr
28 connectionstatus contactnotes crypt cscope cups dbus
29 ga dio directfb divx4linux dv dvb dvd dvdr dvdread emacs encode -esd
30 exif fame fortran f77 fam fbcon fdftk -freetd
31 ffmpeg fftw flac flash ftp gadu -gcj gif -gnome gtk gtk2 hal highlight
32 history icq id3 ieee1394 imagemagick imlib
33 ipv6 irc jack java jikes jingle joystick jpeg justify kde kdeenablefinal
34 kdehiddenvisibility kerberos kernel_linux
35 krb4 lame latex lcms -ldap lirc live lm_sensors lzo mad matroska mbox
36 memlimit mime ming mjpeg mmx mng mono motif
37 mozilla mp3 mpeg mpeg2 mp4live mplayer msn mssql mule multilib
38 musicbrainz mysql mysqli ncurses netmeeting nls nom
39 c nowlistening nptlonly nsplugin nvidia objc on-the-fly-crypt ogg
40 oggvorbis openal opengl oscar -oss pam pcre pdfl
41 b perl player png posix ppds python qt qt3 qt4 quicktime readline samba
42 sametime sdl sensord sharedmem skey sndfil
43 sox speex spell sse ssl statistics svg svga subtitles swat sysfs szip
44 tcltk test tetex texteffect theora threads
45 iff tk translator truetype unicode usb userlocales utf8 v4l v4l2 vcd
46 videos vorbis webpresence winpopup wsconvert
47 xwindows xanim xine xinerama xml2 xosd xpm xprint xscreensaver xv xvid
48 x264 yahoo yv12 zlib zvbi"
49 FEATURES="ccache sandbox"
50 AUTOCLEAN="yes"
51 CCACHE_SIZE="3G"
52 LINGUAS="it en de bg pt_BR"
53 PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
54 #PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage
55 ALSA_CARDS="emu10k1 via82xx"
56 ALSA_TOOLS="as10k1 via82xx"
57 INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse penmount joystick"
58 VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia vesa v4l nv"
59 LIRC_DEVICES="serial"
60
61 Thanks,
62 Luigi
63 - --
64 Public key GPG(0x633F86B7) on hkp://keyserver.linux.it/
72 --
73 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list