From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: stan <ghjeold_i_mwee@×××.net>
Cc: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>, alsa-user@×××××××××××××××××.net
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [Alsa-user] speakers have no sound in Gentoo, but work in Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 05:42:32
1 Hi, thanks for your help!
2 > Both are detecting and loading snd_hda_intel. Perhaps an options line might
3 > fix on Gentoo?
4 > Add them in the /etc/modprobe.d/sound file as lines like:
5 > options snd_hda_intel model=mbp3 or 3stack or 6stack or ...
6 It works! I have tried :
7
8 options snd_hda_intel model=mbp3
9 and
10 options snd_hda_intel model=dell-3stack #I got it from Brian Johnson :)
11
12 Both of them works, but I can't tell the difference between them.
13 So is there any more tips and tricks? Maybe I can optimize it.
14
15 Besides, now hda_intel works both in kernel 2.6.24 and 2.6.25 :)
16 >
17 > See if they are detecting the same card by running alsa-info.sh with
18 > --no-upload option under
19 > each OS and compare the output looking for differences. The script is found
20 > at http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh
21 >
22 Here is the output of running alsa-info.sh in my Gentoo after I add
23 the line "options snd_hda_intel model=dell-3stack" :
24 http://pastebin.ca/1060228
25
26 And the output in Ubuntu is here: http://pastebin.ca/1060247
27
28 I can see some differences especially the "Modprobe options".
31 wcw
32 --
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list