From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying to get a midi-editor working
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 20:32:52
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > This getting extremely annoying. I simply want to edit a stinking midi
3 > file.
4
5 It's extremly annoying to get people complaining in first place like
6 having everything *free software* here, easy, user friendly and right
7 now, just ready for their exact needs is a human right. If isn't there,
8 well, it's bad, but moaning and gruntling won't help anyone. Coding,
9 paying someone to code, or letting the community know there's a real
10 need for something (and why, and why existing alternatives are not good)
11 is helpful, instead.
12
13 Don't get me wrong -there have been A LOT of times in which I said to
14 myself "oh shit why there is no OSS program/Linux program doing this and
15 that?". But I don't go complaining in mailing lists just like the whole
16 cosmos were against me.
17
18 > 1) I emerged "rosegarden" (and dependancies) successfully. But there
19 > was no sound and no documentation. No "man rosegarden" and when I hit
20 > {F1} or click on "Help", it complains about "kfmclient not found". I'm
21 > running Blackbox, and no, I don't want to build KDE in all its bloated
22 > "glory", thank you.
23
24 Well, if you don't want to build dependencies, don't complain. However,
25 what about google?
26
27 Anyway, have you checked for Timidity?
28
29 m.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list