From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] overlay eclass overrides eclass from PORTDIR: what is it?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 02:54:05
1 Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > b.n. wrote:
3 >
4 >> * Overlay eclass overrides eclass from PORTDIR:
5 >
6 >> Could anyone explain me what does it mean in practice?
7 >
8 > The cause of this message is that one of the overlays you have
9 > configured includes an eclass that already exists in base portage. This
10 > happens when the overlay includes ebuilds that require enhanced behavior
11 > from a current eclass.
12
13 In this case, I think it's because parts of the desktop-effects overlay
14 are making it into the tree \o/ so you'll notice some duplication until
15 this is finished.
16
17 Don't forget to layman -s ALL and this message might go away for this
18 instance.
23 BOFH Excuse #23:
24
25 improperly oriented keyboard