From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ebtables on Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:45:41
1 Hello,
2
3 From here: http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/
6 We read:
7 The ebtables tool can be combined with the other Linux filtering tools
8 (iptables, ip6tables and arptables) to make a bridging firewall that is also
9 capable of filtering these higher network layers. This is enabled through the
10 bridge-netfilter architecture which is a part of the standard Linux kernel.
13 Can someone explain to me when/how you would use ebtables
14 for enhanced security, or forward me to a good written
15 presentation on when, why or how to deploy ebtables?
16 Maybe a package already blends these components together?
17 I recently saw ebtables pop up in a commercial product
18 ( sniffed terminal boot session) offered by Seimens......
21 Of keen interest is documentation/experiences on the
22 Gentoo platform when using ebtables. Googling has provided little.
25 curiously,
26 James