From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Two issues with OpenRC/baselayout2 migration on a hosted VM
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:43:43
1 On 2011-12-13 3:21 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:50:06 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> Problem - on this VM, these files are named 'baselayout1.start' and
5 >>>> 'baselayout1.stop', NOT 'local.start' and 'local.stop'...
6 >>>>
7 >>>> Should I change these? Does it matter?
8 >>
9 >>> The names doesn't matter. Only the extension matters. You can even
10 >>> rename them to MickeyMouse.start and MinnieMouse.stop :-)
11 >>
12 >> Ok, thanks, renamed to local.start/stop...
13 >
14 > The files were named local.{start,stop} but the message you quoted shows
15 > that these are no longer the case. The files you have are your old
16 > baselayout1 local.* files moved from conf.d to local.d and given a name
17 > that shows where they came from. The local part of the filename is no
18 > longer relevant as the directory name makes their purpose clear. Also, it
19 > means you can have more than one file, instead of having to cram several
20 > unrelated steps into one script.
21 >
22 > Give them names that reflect their contents, it will make managing them
23 > easier.
24
25 Yes, but - I'm no longer on baselayout1, so that name is no longer
26 accurate...