From: David Rioja <rams@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] procmail+spamassassin user filters
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:45:15
1 Hello!
2 my mail users want to define their own individual antispam rules. I've
3 installed procmail in order to pipe messages through spamassassin but I
4 can't get it working. This is what I've done:
5
6 1.- I created ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs with the following line (just
7 for testing):
8
9 add_header all hello_you _TESTS_
10
11 2.- I created ~/.procmail with the following contents:
12
13 SHELL=/bin/sh
14 MAILDIR=$HOME/.maildir
15 DEFAULT=$MAILDIR
16 LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log
17
18 | spamassassin --prefs-file=$HOME/.spamassassin/user_prefs
19
20 # actually I had a separate rc file named spamassassin.rc with further
21 stuff
22 # but I've changed it for clearness
23
24 3.- I send myself a message: procmail.log echoes its processing but my
25 X-Spam-hello_you header is missing.
26
27 However, when I pipe an stored message by typing on the shell:
28
29 spamassassin < message_file
30
31 It returns me the message rewritten with my test header.
32
33 Piping to procmail with:
34
35 procmail < message_file
36
37 Creates another message file but without my text header.
38
39 Can anyone guess what am I doing wrong?
40
41 Thanks!