From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 3Com PCMCIA network card not recognised
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 00:13:15
1 On 13/12/2010, at 10:53pm, Mick wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> The only things I've done is to recompile my kernel a couple of times -
4 >> once to add in the drivers statically (CONFIG_PCMCIA_3C589=y), instead of
5 >> as modules, to see if that would make a difference, and second time to
6 >> match another PCMCIA option that differed. Neither made any difference.
7 >> ...
8 >
9 > What do you get in log messages and dmesg when you compile
10 > CONFIG_PCMCIA_3C589=m and run modprobe -v
11
12 Yes, this is the way I prefer it, too. I have tried that - as the module and modprobing it - but I don't remember the output. I'm recompiling now and will post the results in a few hours.
13
14 Stroller.