From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SATA
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:38:46
1 I have posted to the pciid mail address.
2
3 Alan
4
5 On 12/5/06, Daniel Barkalow <barkalow@××××××××.org> wrote:
6 > On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Alan E. Davis wrote:
7 >
8 > > I don't know how to mark this email thread as "Solved". This did it:
9 > >
10 > > CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_AHCI=y
11 > >
12 > > Google is my friend, I hadn't seen this before.
13 >
14 > Ah, right. AHCI is the new generic SATA controller interface (IIRC). Might
15 > be worth reporting to the pciids sourceforge project that your PCI device
16 > actually speaks AHCI, rather than the old vendor-specific interface, so
17 > that lspci will eventually give people in your position useful advice.
18 >
19 > -Daniel
20 > *This .sig left intentionally blank*
21 > --
22 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
28 Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan lngndvs@×××××.com 1-670-256-2043
29
30 I consider that the golden rule requires that if I like a program I
31 must share it with other people who like it.
32 --------Richard Stallman
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list