From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help with a simple file share with samba
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:30:00
1 On 4/7/06, Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all in the list,
3 >
4 > I was wondering if some one can help me with that, I am try to put to
5 > work a simple file share with samba where I will share a folder to any
6 > one, and one folder have to autenticate users at pam
7 >
8 > I try it like that:
9 > [global]
10 >
11 > workgroup = COMMODITY
12 > netbios name = thewho
13 > log file = /var/log/samba3/log.%m
14 > socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
15 >
16 > [mp3]
17 > comment = Shared Musics
18 > path = /home/mp3
19 > security = share
20 > writeable = no
21 > browseable = yes
22 > guest ok = yes
23 > printable = no
24 > guest only = yes
25 >
26 > [sandbox]
27 > comment = Sand Box to genrate releases
28 > path = /home/sandbox
29 > security = user
30 > user = allan longhin
31 > writeable = yes
32 > public = no
33 > printable = no
34 > create mask = 0765
35 >
36 > what did I do wrong ? or how can I make this ?
39 You may just be overthinking this. Here is a snip of my config file
40 (only relevant portions). You may want to add the user guest to your
41 smbpasswd file you can even use no password, then have your guest
42 users authenticate with that. Maybe there is a better way but that
43 works for me.
44
45 [global]
46 workgroup = akron
47 netbios name = snoopy
48 server string = Gentoo File Server
49 ...
50 map to guest = nobody
51 security = user
52 ...
53
54 ...
55
56 [public]
57 comment = Public folder for all users.
58 path = /home/pub
59 public = yes
60 only guest = yes
61 writable = yes
62 printable = no
63
64 [webroot]
65 comment = Storage for public web files.
66 path=/home/www
67 public = no
68 writable = yes
69 valid users = cruteme
73 Michael E. Crute
74 http://mike.crute.org
75
76 It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
77 --Douglas Adams
80 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list