From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: Sebastian Be?ler <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] encrypted email (gentoo-windows)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:49:43
1 On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:26:24PM +0100, Sebastian Be?ler wrote:
2 > Am 25.03.2011 22:13, schrieb Matt Harrison:
3 > > On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:09:23PM +0100, Sebastian Be?ler wrote:
4 >
5 > >> Mail encryption is, as far as I know, something that works on the
6 > >> client-side only. The mail server doesn't see the encryption,
7 > >> encrypted mails contain only text, just like every other mail.
8 >
9 > > amavis-new supports signing all outgoing mails with a gpg signature,
10 > > not that I think it's very relevant to the OP's question. I just
11 > > wanted to chime in asI haven't posted here in a while :)
12 >
13 > As I said, as far as I know.
14 > I haven't used amavis in years so that I was not aware of this.
15 > But mail signing and mail encrypting are two absolutly differend pair of
16 > shoes.
17 >
18 > Greetings
19 >
20 > Sebastian Be?ler
21 >
22 > PS: The key you use for signing is expired.
25 I believe it can encrypt as well, as long as they keys are supplied previously for the
26 recipients. And thanks for pointing out my expired key, strangely mutt nor gpg
27 complained about using it for quite a while now. Even stranger, you're the first
28 person who has noticed or told me :o
29
30 Matt