From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage GUI interfaces...
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 06:06:45
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > BRM wrote:
3 >
4 >> I am interested in finding a GUI interface for working with portage, preferably for KDE4.
5 >> Namely b/c I am getting a little tired of having konsole windows open and not being able to keep track of where I am in the emerge update process - something a GUI _ought_ to be able to resolve.
6 >>
7 >> In googling, I noticed Kuroo, but it's no longer maintained (nearly 2 years out of date now, so it would have to have been KDE3) so it's been understandably removed from mainline portage - though I also noticed information on a Kuroo overlay.
8 >>
9 >> And I also came across Porthole; however, all versions are marked Unstable/Testing (~) at the moment.
10 >>
11 >> Can anyone give some advice on these or others?
14 >> Ben
20 > Found a portage interface, though I cannot guarantee it works or what it
21 > does:
22 >
23 > app-portage/himerge
24 >
25 > Damien
29 I checked out the home page and that does look interesting. That's for
30 sharing that one. The screen shots look better than porthole.
31
32 Dale
33